Marine Conservation & Communications Internship
Timeframe: Beginning Spring or early Summer, yearly
Commitment: 20 hrs./week (working remotely) for 4 months minimum; prefer 6 months
Description: This internship focuses on innovating and maximizing communications strategies for the Foundation including but not limited to blogging, social media, and multi-media including podcasts. Tasks may also include drafting press releases and preparing literature reviews regarding the Foundation’s mission and work.
Interns assit in a variety of marine science and conservation communications projects including social media messaging and outreach, weekly blogs, crafting educational materials for community outreach, short video productions, and scientific literature reviews/reports; assist in developing communications strategies in support of the Sea of Change Foundation’s three conservation focus areas: Coral Reefs – Restoration & Resilience; Ocean Pollution – Public Awareness & Action; and Threatened Species & Habitats. Reports directly to the Foundation’s Executive Director.
About Sea of Change Foundation: The foundation initiates and funds conservation and research that directly impact the natural world we all love to enjoy and explore. Our mission is to create positive change.
- Network with professionals working at the nexus of science, marine conservation in the field, sustainable ecotourism, environmental sustainability, and adventure travel
- Develop an independent project (short film, blog series, photo-essay, etc.) with guidance
- Potential to integrate internship with graduate project/requirements
- Direct mentorship with 20+ years’ experience in global marine conservation
- Career guidance and professional references
- Work remotely/20 hrs. week
- Video and photo editing; experienced
- Instagram and Facebook; proficient
- Audio/podcast editing; willing to learn
- Blogging and science communication; experienced and willing to learn
- Scientific literature review and research; proficient
To apply, email a current resume/CV, cover letter, and three professional or academic references to:
Samantha Whitcraft, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org .